This is my first blog, ever. Likely there will not be too many reading it but I will persevere none the less! It will be practice for when people do. So, if you have ideas on what you would like me to write about, let me know. So my best, current idea is some of the titles people have in the 'industry' such as Real Estate Agent (hopefully me!), Broker etc. I swear people use the different terms just to confuse people some times.

In general, though, the titles you may come across include:

Real Estate Agent, Agent, Real Estate Professional, Industry Professional, Real Estate Salesperson: Anyone who earns a real estate license can be called a real estate agent, whether that license is as a sales professional, an associate broker or a broker. Provincial requirements vary, but in all provinces you must take a minimum number of classes and pass a test to earn your license.
REALTOR®: A real estate agent who is a member of the National Association of REALTORS®, which means that he or she must uphold the standards of the association and its code of ethics.
Real Estate Broker: A person who has taken education beyond the agent level as required by provincial laws and has passed a broker’s license exam. Brokers can work alone or they can hire agents to work for them.
Real estate associate broker: Someone who has taken additional education classes and earned a broker’s license but chooses to work under the management of a broker.
While you are more likely to work directly with a real estate salesperson or an associate broker, some brokers provide services for buyers and sellers themselves. If you have hired a real estate agent to help you buy or sell a home, that agent typically reports to a broker. The broker handles money deposit and establishes the trust account. They ensure the agents are doing things correctly.
Dennis Paulin
Dennis Paulin
8820 Blackfoot Trail SE Suite 115 Calgary AB T2J 3J1